Saturday, August 5, 2017

New Blue Shoes

Daddy Steve:  For a while now I've felt that we really need to improve the footwear selection here at Gregoropolis.  The boys all have perfectly nice shoes, but they are all quite casual: i.e. tennis shoes (trainers) and sandals.  I blame myself for this state of affairs.  The fact is that Daddy Steve's wide, flat, middle-aged feet are much more comfortable in casual shoes.  Just because I've given up on fashion, however, doesn't mean that my boys have to as well.

Recently, an Etsy seller listed some very stylish Sasha shoes suitable for either girls or boys in some very eye-popping colors.  I decided to order a pair so the boys could try them out.


Giancarlo:  Hey, we got a package in the mail.  I think it's the new shoes.
Emile:  Formidable!  Let us open eet up.  Tout suite!

Giancarlo:  The seller included a nice little note thanking us for our purchase.
Emile:  'Ow thoughtful.

Emile: Look at ze stylish packaging!  I like zis seller.
Giancarlo:  That bag will be handy for going to market.

Giancarlo:  I can't wait to try them on.  We Italians have great appreciation for fine footwear.
Emile:  Not so fast, mon ami.  I really think zese shoes are meant, ah, pour moi.
Giancarlo:  Oh, davvero? What makes you so sure of that?

Emile:  Well, eet says quite clearly on ze bag that they are French shoes.  French shoes for les petits garçon français.

Giancarlo:  I think you're misinterpreting it. However, I will not argue the point... but only because the color does not match my outfit anyway.

Emile:  Oh, oui, zey fit perfectly and are...très élégantes!
Giancarlo:  I will admit they look okay on you.  I think Daddy Steve needs to order a pair in red now.








10 comments:

SimplySasha said...

Steve...you are not going to even be able to afford BREAD to eat this month!! Those boys of yours will keep you poor...couldn't you send out Bowie busking on the streets to make some extra cash...Rebel send her love to him by the way <3

Gregor Daddies said...

Hi Simply -

Bowie sends his love back. He assures me that someday he get a big recording contract, and we'll all be living in luxury. The other boys all seem to think that they contribute to the household simply by being adorable.

Steve

Serenata said...

Fabulous shoes. They look to be a good fit. Of course you have started something now and they are ALL going to want a pair!

Gregor Daddies said...

Hi Lorraine -

So true! What you do for one, you must do for all to keep the harmony.

Steve

Jane said...

Ezri loves her shoes so much she hasn't even taken them off yet!! I haven't heard of Sashapotamus so I'll look them up :) Jane x

Gregor Daddies said...

Hi Jane -

Shoe shopping can become addictive for both dolls and their parents ;-)

Steve

Dee said...

What lovely smart shoes! No wonder they both wanted to have them. I can see you'll be getting a few more requests once the rest of the boys see Emile wearing those snazzy blue ones.
Can you manage a paper round? ;)

Gregor Daddies said...

Hi Dee -

No doubt! Emile will make sure that everyone sees his new shoes. I guess I'd better pump up the tires on my bicycle and get my throwing arm in shape ;-)
Steve

Kendal said...

Whereas, like you, I don't care for buying shoes for myself...but I just loved buying footwear for my Brood.
I can almost hear Elvis' 'Blue Suede Shoes' song carrying over here on the wind.

Gregor Daddies said...

Hi Kendal -

Exactly! It's so much more fun buying shoes for the boys. Everything is comfortable for them, which is certainly not the case for me. Emile probably fancies himself to be Elvis now.

Steve