Saturday, March 13, 2021

Spring Ahead

 

Ann Marie: Daylight Savings Time starts tonight, so we have to remember 
to move the clock ahead before we go to bed.
Luke: Yeah!  That means I get an extra hour of sleep!

Ann Marie: No, Luke, you lose an hour.  "Spring ahead, fall back."
Luke: But if I go ahead, I get more.  Right?

Ann Marie: No, you get less.  If you move the clock ahead an hour, then that hour is gone.
Luke: I don't know if I like this idea.  Well, when do I get the hour back?

Ann Marie: In the fall, when we go back on standard time.  
You know: "Spring ahead, fall back."  >Sigh<
Luke Actually, I would like to get it back in June; like maybe June 15th?
That way it will be nice and warm and we can play outside in the sun.

Ann Marie: Yes, that would be nice, but it doesn't work that way.
We'll get that hour back in November.
Luke: But then it will be winter again!  What a dumb idea!  
What are we trying save anyway?!?

Ann Marie: >Sigh< ...certainly not my patience...

2 comments:

Dee said...


lol, poor Luke it can be hard to get a handle on but Ann-Marie should tell him he can still sleep in as it's Sunday tomorrow, so no need to get up straight away!
I have to say which ever way it goes I tend to spend the day reducing the hour or increasing it, to see what time it would have been, if it had stayed where it was !!! :)

NeverUschi said...

Don't worry - I do know countless adults who don't get a handle on losing or gaining that hour. So it's a good idea the clock is moved Sunday night!