Saturday, February 10, 2024

Be Your Own Valentine

Nathan: Hey John Martin, it's February 10th.  Do you know what's coming up soon?
John Martin: Uh, Groundhog Day?
Nathan: Guess again.  It involves hearts and flowers, and candy.

John Martin: Oh no.  Not Valentine's Day!
Nathan: Indeed!  And that means we'll soon be inundated with 'subtle hints' from Holly Belle
and Meghan.  I guess we'd better go to the store and get them some boxes of chocolate.
John Martin: >Sigh< The whole thing makes me feel a bit put upon.

Holly Belle: I just had the most delicious raspberry cream filled chocolate.  Heaven!
Meghan: Blech...I think this one had coconut in it.
Holly Belle: Throw it in the 'Frank Bowl.'
Meghan: We're lucky that boy will eat anything.

Nathan: Hello, ladies, we just wanted to let you know that we're off to get you
your Valentine's Day candy.  No hints or reminders necessary.
John Martin: Yes.  Fear not; we remembered!

Meghan: Don't bother.  We bought ourselves Valentine's candy this year.
Holly Belle: Yeah, we're liberated women.  We can wrangle our own chocolate!

Nathan and John Martin: What?!?

John Martin: Hmph.  I'm feeling a bit redundant!
Nathan: I know what you mean.  I wonder if this is how the dinosaurs felt.


2 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

I knew it! The boys have protested for years about HB and Meagan's nagging, flirting, and pushing and all along they've secretly loved it! Looks like the girls may make them work a bit for their affection.

Dee said...


Lol That's what's happening in these modern times, Girls no longer have to wait for the boy's to finally get the drift!
I think the boys should buy the chocolates to console themselves with and let the girls see, I bet they'll wait next year then ;)