Saturday, July 4, 2026

Feeling The Heat

 Daddy Steve: Here in Gregoropolis, we were having a cool (almost chilly) summer until suddenly we were not...

Luke: Gosh, it's hotter than blazes!
Oliver: Hey, it's my turn now!
Uli: Shut ice box door at vonce, bitte!
Serena: I guess we know why the ice cream has been so soft lately.

Dan Ryan: Annabelle doesn't like this heat either.
Annabelle: >pant, pant, pant<
Harriet: With all that fur, I can't blame her.  Here, girl, have some cool water.

Meghan: Good grief, it's hot!

Holly Belle: How can we live in a place that's so cold in the winter,
and yet so hot in the summer?!  It's ridiculous!

Patrick: Actually, the answer is simple.  It's because we are landlocked in the geographic center
of the continent.  Without any large bodies of water to act as a buffer, the region becomes 
a funnel for extreme hot air masses from the south, and frigid arctic air from Canada.

Holly Belle: Hmmpf, typical man.  You ask a question and they come right back with an answer.
Meghan: Don 't they realize we just need to be heard?

Patrick: Hmmm, apparently not.
Ravi: Well, I loved your explanation.
Patrick: Thank you!


2 comments:

Dee said...

I love Patrick and Ravi always ready with the correct answer but no one care they just want to vent ! But I do understand where the girls are coming from, we are just going into our third ! YES THIRD ! Heat wave , it's unheard of , this is a country where we can have four season in one day in the middle of summer and one of them isn't summer ! Oh for the days when a trip to the coast meant wearing a cardigan with a raincoat over your arm. . . . .

Marti said...

when it comes to heat, I am very sympathetic! It is miserable! BUT, children, you are RUINING ice cream so you really need to rethink what you're doing! My sympathies only go so far since ice cream is ice cream!