Saturday, September 12, 2026

Autumnal Angst

 

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Jessica: What was that?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Daphne: There it is again!
Jessica: Did you forget to shut off the kettle?
Ginger: Maybe we need to replace the battery in the fire alarm?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Daphne: Oh, wait.  I know what it is -- Duncan.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Ginger: Oh yes!  It's that time of year, isn't it?
Jessica: The poor thing.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Daphne: I suppose one of us has got to coax him off the edge.
Jessica: I nominate you, Daphne.
Ginger: Oh yes, you're so good at that sort of thing.
Daphne: >Sigh<...Very well.

Duncan: EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Duncan: EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!
Daphne: Now, Sweetie, you've got to get a hold of yourself.
It's just one leaf.  We still have plenty of really lovely weather ahead of us.

Duncan: >pant, pant<
Daphne: That's it.  Deep breaths.
Duncan: >pant< Eeek.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Let's get Duncan to Arizona and he will be counting the days till fall and winter!!

Dee said...

Poor Duncan ! I'm not a great fan of winter snow myself but he does need to get a grip or go live with Aunty Marti until the Spring