Saturday, April 13, 2024

List Maker

 

Daphne: Dan Ryan, it looks like you're deep in thought.
Dan Ryan: I'm making a list of all the things I want to accomplish this summer.
The first step in any project is to always make a list.

Daphne: Wow, that's quite a list.  You're going to need a very long summer.

Dan Ryan: That's why the second step is to stick it someplace 
where I'll forget all about it.  Like right here.

Daphne: Hmm, I think I know where this is going.  I suppose the final step
is to celebrate your accomplishment with tea and a donut.
Dan Ryan: How did you guess?!?

Daphne: You know, eventually summer will come to an end, and then you'll panic
when you realize that never did any of that stuff on your list.
Dan Ryan: Yeah, but that's ages away.

2 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

losing the list is an important step. Mine also includes walking out the door and accidentally leaving the list behind!

Dee said...


I'm liking Dan Ryan's plan. I for one love writing lists, then finding them years later and ticking off the things that got done even if they didn't actually get done until years later than planned! It's a lot like starting to make something, leaving it to one side for months or years, then going back and finishing it in a fraction of the time it would have taken and feeling so clever :)