Saturday, May 18, 2024

Apollo's Garden

 Daddy John:  It's a beautiful day in Gregoropolis, so the boys have bolted for the backyard to seek out fun and adventure...

Stephen Orange: Why is there a statue of a pig in the garden?
Philip Guy: I believe Daddy John calls him 'Wilbur.'
Legend has it if you rub Wilbur's snout, you'll have fun all day long!
Go on, give his snout a good rub.
Stephen Orange: I'm wearing the 'fun' shorts.  Isn't that enough?
Philip: No. It is not.  

Stephen Orange: >Sigh<
Philip: Good job!
Stephen Orange: Well?  Are we having fun yet?
Philip: We are indeed.  Race you!
Stephen Orange: ...
Stephen Orange: Okay

Daddy John: Now, what are the other two up to? I don't see -- oh, dear...

Scot-Michael: C'mon, Pete!  We're almost at the top!

Pete Dakota: >Puff, puff<  
It's like climbing the Eiffel Tower.

Scot-Michael: I bet we can see the whole neighborhood from up here!

Nicholas Sahara: 'Garden of Apollo.'  Now this sounds smashing.
Let's take a turn about the place.
Kirwan Mahoney: Ugh, sounds boring.  You go ahead; 
I'm going to see what the others are doing.

Nicholas: Well now, this must be the man himself.
Hullo, mate.  Lovely garden you have here.

Apollo: HELLO, YOUNG NICHOLAS!
THANK YOU!  MY GARDEN IS INDEED LOVELY!

Nicholas: Aaaahhh!  He talks!
How do you know my name?!?!
Apollo: I AM APOLLO!
I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN MY GARDEN!
Nicholas: Great Richard the III's Ghost!
Apollo: AND I DECREEE---Hee-hee-hee
Nicholas: What on earth?

Kirwan: Hee-hee!  Gotcha!
Nicholas: Ooh, he's taking the mickey.  Well played, old man!

2 comments:

Dee said...


The garden is looking lovely It's great what some sunshine can do to lift the spirits.
Mm those boys were bound to climb that obelisk but they are right it would give them a good view.
Nicholas is very brave! I think if one of my statues started speaking I'm be off like a shot!
Enjoy the lovely weather it's taken long enough to get here !

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

Apollo talking to the boys is hilarious! Kirwan is a little mischief-maker! I was worried about the climbing of the "Eiffel tower"....aren't they still a bit young for such danger?