Saturday, August 3, 2019

Belly Rubs!

Daddy John: Across a crowded floor at the recent Cincinnati Sasha Festival, their eyes met and it was at first sight...


Pete Dakota swore up & down he wouldn't need anything else from the Festival if would I just please please oh please let him adopt this husky puppy.  

Who could resist those big puppy eyes (both dog and boy?)

BR may be a little jealous of the attention the new family member is getting...

BR: Hey, where's Pete?  I'm making lunch.
Nicholas: I believe Peter is outside, trying to teach the puppy some new tricks.

BR: Oh! He spends all of his time now with that dog!
Nicholas: Well, they adore each other and it's lovely to see Peter working so hard to train her. I seem to recall someone spending all of his time on a new motorcycle...
BR: Oh, hush. Eat your sandwich.

Denali, Pete Dakota's new puppy, is a smart pup, but maybe not quite grasping "Fetch."

Pete: C'mon girl, the stick's right in front of you.
Denali:  Erf?

Pete: Such a good girl!  Belly rubs!  Rub belly, rub belly!
Denali: Arf! Arf! Arf! Arf!

Enough training for today.  Time to relax and watch the world go by.




5 comments:

Serenata said...

Aw, - boy and his dog, always the best of friends. I'm sure the training will keep on improving. Oh and I see you managed to get one of those fabulous table and chairs. Not sure if I've noticed before! Isn't the set just perfect?

Dee said...

Pete and his new dog look like becoming that perfect partnership of devoted companions.
The training will come in time, Pete's already got the hang of the belly rubs..now if Denali can just get him to fetch is own stick.. perfect ;)
The little bit of jealousy from BR, nipped in the bud by Nicolas relaxing at the kitchen table.Loved this post and I'm loving all that detailing in the kitchen

Gregor Daddies said...

Sometimes I think when we're 'training' our dogs, they're actually training us! Thanks, I'm very pleased with how the kitchen looks. It has become a favorite gathering spot here.

Gregor Daddies said...

Thanks, we just got the table and chairs. I have really wanted that set for quite a while, as it matches the kitchen so well. It was just a matter of finding one for a reasonable price. They really vary a lot, price-wise on eBay.

Serenata said...

It is a brilliant set isn't it? I was lucky to get mine as a swap with a friend. It is one of my most favourite props.