Saturday, September 12, 2020

A Cure For the Fall Blues

Duncan: Gosh, look at the calendar.  Fall begins in less than two weeks!  In no time at all it will be winter...that's soooo depressing.  I wonder how everybody else copes with this time of year.

Kaveh: Actually, it's a chance to catch up on my reading.

Sasha: It's a great time to work on art projects.
Frederick: And play games!

Marta: We get to wear our fall and winter wardrobes.
Pamela: I think plaids will be trending this year.
Marta: I agree.

Tyler: Well, there's tobogganing and snow forts...
Mikko: ...and snowball fights and snow soccer.
Mikko and Tyler: Wintertime rocks!
Duncan: Snow soccer?

Wesley: Oh, we never think that far ahead.
Ezra: It distracts from the now.

Uli: Ach, I don't haff time to think about such things.

Alice: Well, whenever something troubles me, I twirl.
Duncan: You...twirl?
Alice: Yes, I twirl around as fast as I can, and it makes all of my worries fly away.
Duncan: And that really works?
Alice: Oh yes.  Holly Belle told me about it, and she's never wrong, you know.

Duncan: Well, here goes...

Duncan and Alice: WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Alice: Feel better?
Duncan: Uhhhhh, I'll let you know when everything stops spinning.


4 comments:

Serenata said...

Twirling is great fun! What a great way to make all your trouble whirl away

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

I remember spinning around as entertaining as a child, too. Now it would just make me sick! Your tribe is always so busy with their games, read, etc. Mine are apparently quite lazy, they just stand around!!

Dee said...


I feel dizzy just watching them spin! My granddaughter loves to spin too! I hope it's helped Duncan feel more upbeat about the coming of Fall.

It sounds like the rest of the children have plenty to do as fall turns into winter, maybe Duncan will find something to fill his time with.

NeverUschi said...

This fall blues cure would make me - fall....

But I remember spinning was fun when I was MUCH younger! Love the photos of them twirling, and looking dazed afterwards.