Saturday, March 12, 2022

Meeting The New Boy IV

 Daddy John: Stephen Orange has never been the friendliest of the Fab 5.  He's a bit aloof, and would much rather work alone on his marine biology projects than run around.  But, at times he can be talked into playing with his brothers (usually it's Nicholas Sahara who gets him out of his own way).

News of a new brother has reached Stephen Orange's ears, so he has retreated to the quiet lounge to talk it over with his stuffed toy whale shark, Aurora.  

Stephen Orange: >Sigh<

Stephen Orange: Another brother!  He's going to be nosy, noisy, and naughty 
like the rest of them.  What am I going to do?  >Sigh<

Philip Guy: Excuse me, is this chair taken?  May I sit here?
Stephen Orange: >Sigh< I guess.  If you must.

Philip: Thanks.  >Whew!<  The other boys threw me a little party and it was getting a bit 
warm and loud.  I needed a breather.
Stephen Orange: Mm.
Philip: Say, is that a Rhincodon typus?
Stephen Orange: ...why, yes...yes, it is...

Philip: That's cool.  I like the Sphyrna mokarran, the hammerhead shark, myself.
I've been reading a book called The Search for the Giant --

Stephen Orange: --Squid by Richard Ellis!  Yes! A must have for any serious ichthyologist's 
or marine biologist's personal library!

Philip: I'm Philip Guy, but you can call me Phil.
I guess we're brothers now.
Stephen Orange: Hello.  I'm Stephen Orange.  
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow scientist.

And later...

Stephen Orange: ...so there I was, sand everywhere, 
and I do mean everywhere, when I found an intact Dunkleosteus!
Philip: The complete skeleton? Wow!  You know, I've got a lead on a
hammerhead hunting expedition.  Photo-expedition, of course.
Stephen Orange: Then you simply must go!  

Nicholas Sahara: Great Richard the III's ghost, 
they're getting on like a house afire!
Scot-Michael: I think Tyler & Mikko would call this 'nerds of a feather.'

It seems Stephen Orange is not too bothered by the addition of this new brother!
The Fab 5 have become the Sensation 6...



2 comments:

Dee said...


How lovely the Stephen Orange now as a soul mate and will not be alone amongst the crowd any longer.
I love the nerds of a feather quote
And what a great family photo of the new sensational six ! Loving those chairs too ;)

NeverUschi said...

What a lucky coincidence they share their love for fish - if Philip were a bird watcher, the story would have ended differently. But now they can research and discuss happily ever after!