Saturday, June 25, 2022

A Hot Week

 It's been a hot week here at Gregoropolis. How hot, you ask?  Perhaps this will give you an idea...


We're all doing everything we can to stay cool.

Holly Belle: Open another window
Meghan: There aren't anymore.
Holly Belle: Well, we'd better telephone for an axe.*

*from The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Mikey: Hot!
Holly Belle: >sigh< Yes, Mikey, we know it's hot.
Meghan: I think we need to slip into something more comfortable.
Holly Belle: An excellent idea!

Holly Belle: Oh yes, this is much better.
Mikey: I sip in sumpin more comportabel, too
Meghan: Yeah, that's nice Mikey.

Holly Belle: What did he say?
Meghan: Who knows?  I think the heat is affecting my hearing.

Mikey: I cool now!
Conner: Yeeeeeeeee!



4 comments:

RoRoPo said...

Mikey, you are right! Best idea ever...

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

well, Mikey...you taught those girls!! Next time you say you want to sip into something more comfortable, they will probably help you! lol!!

Dee said...


Well Mikey that is cool! lol

It's been too hot here in UK too! and it's only June!

Thank you for showing how hot the world but can I suggest putting it in the fridge in the hope it helps?

Today we have a cold breeze with the sun, so we can freeze while getting a tan!! It's gone nuts!

NeverUschi said...

I like the way Mikey thinks! But I won't follow his example, my family might object...