Saturday, October 14, 2023

Fall Feelings

 

Daphne: Hey there, Duncan.  What's with the glum face?
Duncan: You say that my face is always glum.
Daphne: Well, it kind of is, sweetie.  
I'm just wondering what happens to be causing it today.

Duncan: Fall is here.  And I hate fall.
Daphne: Come on, Chuckles.  We're going outside.

Daphne: Now just look at it out here -- the lovely colors, the mellow sunlight.
The brisk, invigorating temperature.  It's beautiful!  Fall is a beautiful time of year.
Duncan: Well, yes, but...

Daphne: >Ugh< Somehow, I just knew there was going to be a 'but.'
Duncan: Fall may be all those things, but it's also the waiting room for winter.
It can be ever so nice, but you still know what's on the other side of the door.

Daphne: Okay, I can't argue with that.  But the thing is there's really nothing we can do about it.
Except maybe just make the best of it, hmmm?
Duncan: You're right.  I know you're right.

Duncan: I hate fall.
Daphne: >Sigh<


1 comment:

Dee said...


Oh goodness, I'm surprised poor old Daphne isn't as depressed as Duncan sounds! Someone lighten that lad up! Even I felt down listening to him!
'Autumn is the door to winter!' That lad needs a hobby to take his mind off what's round the corner! or maybe a big glass of fizzy drink , the sugar rush should cheer him up if only for an hour!!!