Friday, August 31, 2018

A Style Icon

Robin (whispering): Remember, girls like it when you compliment them on their appearance.
John Martin Okay, yeah.

Robin: Good afternoon, Holly Belle.  How are you today?
Holly Belle: Couldn't be better.  And yourself?
Robin: Oh, we're fine.  <ahem>
John Martin: Oh! Yes. Well.  Hi, Holly Belle.  Gee, that's a lovely dress you're wearing.

Holly Belle: Oooh, why thank you, John Martin!  Actually, I've had this old thing for simply ages.  Practically forever, now that I think about it.  Daddy Steve wanted me to wear it so he could take some pictures.  He says it's an 'eye tonic' look.

John Martin: Um, what?
Robin: Ah, I wonder if he meant that it's iconic.
Holly Belle: Hmmm, maybe.  Whatever....it certainly doesn't soothe my eyes.

Holly Belle: You, however, are very easy on the eyes, John Martin!
John Martin: >Gulp!<
Robin: Oh, boy...

Daddy Steve:  And with that turn of events, we leave you with a picture of Holly Belle wearing a newly arrived dress from A Passion For Sasha; her bribe for agreeing to wear her old dress.

Holly Belle: 'Bribe' is such a coarse word.  I prefer the term 'cooperation.'


4 comments:

Dee said...


lol Such a smooth operator... Holly Belle is ! Those poor boys don't stand a chance.
I have to say my girls would agree with Holly Belle , it's not a bribe .. it's cooperation!
Now I'm off to check if we have any eye tonic items around here....

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

I do hope John Martin knows what he is getting himself into! Holly Belle is light years ahead of him maturity-wise!

Ginger said...

I agree that Holly Belle in her gingham dress is certainly iconic and definitely eye tonic too! She is lovely in her new pink frock too and I hope John Martin can gain some confidence quickly to appreciate and handle Holly Belle’s directness. Perhaps Robin can help him again even on the fly! Good luck John Martin! An adorable post! Thank you! 😊 xxx

Kendal said...

Loved this 'play on words' post here!
More please!