Saturday, September 14, 2019

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Daddy Steve: Gotz sisters and best friends Barbara and Beatrix have established their own tradition here in Gregoropolis.  Every Friday evening they sit down together to enjoy pink lemonade and conversation.  It's usually only a glass or two, along with some cheese and a few other nibbles.

Barbara: This lemonade is so delicious; not too tart and not too sweet.
Beatrix: Very refreshing.  And such a lovely shade of pink!

Barbara: What a relaxing way to end the week.
Beatrix: Yes, I'm feeling very mellow right now.

This 'relaxed' and 'mellow' scene is soon replaced by lots and lots of chatty conversation -- and quite a bit of giggling, too!

Barbara: I think that Bowie is a bit of a hunk, although he's a bit full of himself at times.
Beatrix: Frank is cute too, in a clueless sort of way.
Both: Hee-hee-hee!

The conversation grows increasingly animated...

Barbara: Hee-hee...Holly Belle really keeps John Martin on the run!
Beatrix: The poor boy is really quite hen-pecked!  Hee-hee!

The girls are always inviting the others to join them in their lemonade party, and occasionally some do.  However, most everyone feels that this is their special time.

Paul: What's all the noise in the kitchen?
Oliver: It's just Barbara and Beatrix.
Paul: Oh, yeah, it's pink lemonade night.

As the evening progresses, the ladies share stories...

Barbara: ...then, the day I arrived, Daddy Steve snuck me upstairs in the laundry basket!  We went right past Daddy John and he didn't even see me!  Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!
Beatrix: And then of course once you're in with all the others, he never notices!
Both: Hee-hee-whoo-hoo-hee-hee!
Beatrix: Oh, such merriment!

Indeed, so much merriment that sometimes Daddy Steve wonders what, exactly, is in the pink lemonade, besides lemons.

Barbara: Why certainly you may have a glass of our lovely lemonade, Daddy Steve!
Beatrix: We're happy to share!  Have some crisps, too.

Every time I've had a glass, I've found it to be nothing more than lemonade.  Every single time.  
Very curious indeed...

Barbara: I suppose it's all in the power of positive thinking.  And lemons!



1 comment:

Dee said...


The girls have discovered a rare secret! You don't need alcohol to have a good time!
Being a tea teetotaler myself , I've often had people ask, when I've been enjoying a night out drinking my lemonade, how come I'm so happy and sparkly , it's the power of lemonade.. and happiness at spending time with friends.

That's why Beatrix and Barbara are having such a good time and always will