Saturday, March 6, 2021

DIY Guy

 Daddy John: BR is the handyman of Gregoropolis (usually putting back together what Mikko and Tyler take apart), and is planning a big project for the spring...

BR: Now, let's see.  The width and length of a dog house should be about 25% larger than the dog's nose-to-flank length...Argh, this isn't working.

Stephen Orange: Hello BR.  Um, what are you doing?
BR: I'm trying to draw plans of a dog house for Annabelle.
Stephen: That's a Lite Brite.
BR: Mighty observant of you, Aunt Gertrude.

Stephen: Don't be tart.  At this rate, you'd be better off with an Etch-A-Sketch.
BR: I couldn't find any graph paper and someone is using the laptop!  My options were limited!
Stephen: I've got some graph paper in my lab.  I'll be right back.

Stephen: Here you go.  Much better.
BR: Thanks.  Sorry about before.
Stephen: It's all right; I understand.  Science is fraught with tension.

BR: Okay, so cut the 2x4 boards into four pieces, with two at 22½ inches long and two at 23 inches long for a medium sized dog...wait, is Annabelle medium? Large?  ARGHHHHH!!!!

Nicholas Sahara: Hullo Benjamin!  Stephen mentioned you were looking for the laptop.                      I'm afraid I was pigging it.
Scout: 'Hogging.'

Nicholas: Dear Scout was showing me a smashing website where 
a woman named Betsy sells all sorts of arts and crafts.  
Scout: 'Etsy.' 
Nicholas: Er, yes, well.  Here's the computer, old boy.  
BR: Thanks, guys.

BR: Now we're cooking with gas!

Some time (and a lot of printer ink) later...

BR: Okay, we have plans.  Watch out, Tom Silva; BR in da house!

BR: Yes, this one looks best.

BR: What do you think, girl?  Ready for your own pupper condo?
Annabelle: Arf! Arf!

3 comments:

RoRoPo said...

It's always good to have a skillful craftsman at home. So well-planned the dog-house gonna be fine! Only one question: why shall Belle live in an own dog-house? She surely would love to take the sofa instead...
I love that well furnished kitchen!

Dee said...


Thank goodness they gave him the laptop ! I could that dog kennel turning into a small residence for the family !
I loved all the things he tried to work it out on! I was getting seriously worried for the dog ! lol

NeverUschi said...

BR is so organized! After all this planning, he'll build a doggie palace. But I agree: Annabelle might be happy enough dozing on the sofa.