Saturday, January 29, 2022

Laundry Day

 Daddy Steve: With this many kids, every day is laundry day here at Gregoropolis.

Old Alice: Back in my days, we didn't have fancy machines like this.
We had to run all the clothes through a ringer.  And everything needed to be ironed.

Anika: She does like to go on about the old days.
Robin: Old people are like that.

Anthony: It's easy to tell which clothes belong to whom.  
Luke's jeans are always the ones with the dirtiest knees; I don't know how he does it.  
And Rhoda always has the grungiest looking socks.

Anthony: And this could only be Frank's shirt.  Look at all the food stains!
Spaghetti sauce, chocolate, peas...
Robin: Peas?
Anthony: I know!  It's hard to believe, but Frank is crazy about peas.
Robin: It's always the quiet ones.

Anika: The laundry here certainly is a neverending job.
Anthony: Oh, I don't mind it.  You kids are all pretty helpful, and there's
a sense of order to the whole process that I really appreciate.

Tyler: Watch out, comin' through!  Comin' through!
Mikko: Yeeeee-hawwww!

Anthony: Oh, those two --- !

Anthony: >Sigh<
Anika: Yes, definitely a sense of order...

3 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

I'm dying over Robin's iron!! I found one (former fridge magnet) but a bit smaller than I'd like. I have to say, I'd haul Tyler and Mikko back in and make them do all the clothes over, if it were me!! But then again, I am one of those annoying "old people!" lol!!

Dee said...


Poor Anthony just when he had it all running like clockwork !
I'm one of those old people whose mum had a mangle (wringer) and used to help turn the handle to wring out the washing !

Nice laundry you have there, I wonder if I could get my kids to help.... mmmm maybe not , they haven't got past the getting things into the laundry basket let alone actually putting it in a washing machine !

I think someone probably threw those peas at Frank .....

NeverUschi said...

I hope poor Anthony will be able to appreciate the process of making order again - else he'll feel quite frustrated!
We here are definitely lacking a Sasha sized washing machine. AND room for it, I'm afraid...