Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Halloween 2016, Part 1

Pete Dakota:  Hi girl, who's a good dog?  Want to play some fetch?
Benjamin Roy:  Peter!  I was looking for you.

Pete Dakota:  Hi, BR.  I'm right here, playing with Annabelle.  Why are you wearing a witch's hat?
Benjamin Roy:  Well, I have something to ask you...I hope you'll say 'yes.'
Pete Dakota:  Ask me what?  

Benjamin Roy:  Well, Halloween is coming up very soon and I really like dressing up and going trick-or-treating.  I was wondering if you would like to dress up too and go with me?   The other boys think Halloween is for babies.  But I really want to wear a costume and go!  Will you go with me?


Pete Dakota:  Actually, I'd really like that!  I don't have to wear this hat, though, do I?  What shall we dress up as?  I don't think I have any kind of  costume clothing.

Benjamin Roy:  Maybe you'd like to wear this hat, Annabelle?  Would you girl?
Annabelle:  Woof!

Benjamin Roy:  If we go through our closets, we can find clothes that will work as costumes.  I'm so excited!  I'm sure we can find something.  I'm sure we can!
Pete Dakota:  Let's ask Daddy John for help.  I'll bet he'll help us--he always has good ideas.
Benjamin Roy:  Let's go find him right now.  


2 comments:

Angelo's Papa said...

We can hardly wait to see your costumes. Halloween is barely recognised or celebrated in New Zealand so no trick-or-treating for us. Will you carve a jack-o-lantern and put a candle inside?

NeverUschi said...

In Germany, Halloween started when my kids were little, 15 to 20 years ago. But it's still not that popular. Usually we are rung out only 1 or 2 times. That leaves enough sweets for us to keep - and get fatter...