Saturday, October 10, 2020

Doctor Who and The Backyard of Doom

 Daddy John: Doctor Who is very popular in Gregoropolis, so to stave off some lockdown boredom my boys decided to have a Doctor Who day! They raided the clothes trunks (and took advantage of some recent prizes from Auntie Diane Duke) and went out to cosplay in the backyard.

Pete Dakota dressed up as Jamie McCrimmon, companion to the 2nd Doctor (I think he just wanted an excuse to wear his kilt...).

Jamie/Pete: Creag an tuire!

Nicholas Sahara picked the 4th Doctor and Stephen Orange is Turlough, companion to the 5th Doctor.

4th Doctor/Nicholas: Would you care for a jelly baby?
Turlough/Stephen: They made me be Turlough because we both have red hair. >Sigh<

Scout chose to be the 7th Doctor, while BR is the 9th.

7th Doctor/Scout: Somewhere, there's danger; somewhere, there's injustice; and 
somewhere else, the tea's getting cold!
9th Doctor/BR: Fantastic!

Team TARDIS ready for adventure!


What strange planet has the TARDIS landed on?

7th Doctor: Everyone remember where we parked.

Jamie and the 4th Doctor meet a ferocious Yeti!

4th Doctor: Do you think he'd like a jelly baby?
Jamie: Run, Doctor, run!

Turlough is menaced by the carnivorous Krynoid plant!

Turlough: Help!  It's going to eat me!
9th Doctor: Hang on, I'll get you out of there!

Oh, no!  What's that?!  It's...a Dalek!

Dalek: You will be exterminated!

7th Doctor: Never fear, my trusty umbrella will protect us!
Jamie: Run, Doctors, run!

Like all good backyard shenanigans, the story soon degenerated into the boys just running around, throwing leaves at each other, playing hide and seek, and just yelling their heads off...well, most of them anyway...

The Boys: Whoo!
Stephen Orange:  >Sigh< I could be inside, working on my paper. 

Elated and exhausted, the boys came inside.  A successful afternoon adventure!



2 comments:

Dee said...


What a gripping tale of Doctors and doom! Loved all the doctors and Jamie McCrimmim looked fine in his kilt.
I loved the baby sized Yeti and the plant attacking the Dr. But I especially loved that somewhere tea is getting cold!

Looks like they had great fun in their lovely Dr Who clothing and the arrival of a Delek ...perfect.

The joys of getting outside for adventure!

NeverUschi said...

I very seldom carry an umbrella - but to ward off a Dalek with raincoat and hat might prove difficult!
Though our son used to watch Dr Who, I didn't realize there already were 9 Doctors.
I believe playing in the garden is, in the end, more important than finishing papers....