Saturday, July 9, 2022

Overheard

 Daddy John: I wonder what the boys talk about when they think I'm not around to hear...

BR: Pete, snag us a couple of lemonades.
Pete Dakota: ...
BR: ...Pete?
Pete: Why does 'fridge' have a letter D, but 'refrigerator' doesn't?
BR: >Sigh< 

Nicholas Sahara: Now, don't we look smashing in our new chemise?!
Scot-Michael: ...stripes?

Scot-Michael: I look like an escapee from an Ann-Margret dance scene.

Nicholas: Er, who's Ann-Margret?
Scot-Michael: Leave this house.

Stephen Orange: Ugh, this humidity!  I've just collapsed.
Philip Guy: Like a flan in a cupboard.

Philip: Do you think you'll ever get married, Dan Ryan?

Dan Ryan: I dunno.  She'd have to like pancakes, of course.
Maybe I'll just marry myself--then I can have a ring and a nice suit.

Daddy John: Maybe it's better not to know.

2 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

wow, you were lucky to hear fairly innocuous things. Don't eavesdrop when they are teens...you might hear things you don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss when you are raising teens!

Dee said...


Fascinating what they chat about to each other when their parents are present.

Maybe it is best not to know! I'm sure the stuff they say when we are about is odd enough without adding more!