Saturday, April 22, 2023

Haute Couture

Frederick: Hello, Louisette.  How are you today?
Louisette: Ah, mon chéri!  In truth, I am feeling a bit wistful.
If I were in Paris now, zee chestnut trees would be in bloom.  >Le Sigh<

Frederick: Well, it might cheer you up to know that
a little bit of Paris has come to you in the mail.

Louisette: Mon dieu!  I have been expecting a parcel from ze city of lights. Where ees eet?
Frederick: Hmmm, Luke and Oliver had it.  I'm surprised they haven't given it to you yet.

Louisette: As you would say, good grief!


Oliver: Do you think it's really from Paris, France?
Luke: I suppose it could be Paris, Texas.  What do you suppose is inside?
Oliver: It says here 'Robes pour femmes ou filles.'
That's French for...something, I guess.

Luke: I think that means it's a robe for a fish.
Oliver: It couldn't be a bathrobe 'cause fish don't take baths.
Luke: But they could get cold.
Oliver: I don't like cold fish.

Louisette: Oh, give me zat, you fools!

Louisette: I 'ave been waiting for zis!
Lottie: Ees zat ze seeds we ordered?
Louisette: Certainly not!  Eet ees ze very latest fashion from Paris.


Louisette: Ah, très belle!
Lulu: Hmph! Eet ees not very practical for working in zee garden.
Louisette: Ma chérie, zis ees not a peasant dress.  Eet ees haute couture!

Lulu: Alors, who would 'ave guessed zat our dear sister ees Marie Antoinette 'erself!
Lottie: >Tee-hee< Bon courage, Marie!  Careful zat you do not lose your 'ead!

Lulu et Lottie: >Tee-hee-hee-hee!<


Louisette: >Boof< Let zem eat cake.


2 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

very pretty!! Nothing like a new frock to cheer a girl up!! I am surprised that the other girls are demanding one of their own!

Anonymous said...

I have just finished reading the whole blog, it's been so much fun, I think I've been reading it for probably close to 6 months. It's better than any book I've read in years as it has kept my full attention many evenings. I cannot wait to see what's next. What an awesome assortment of whimsical kiddos living out their best lives!

- Heidi in southern Arizona