Sunday, December 18, 2022

Advent 2022: Day 18: BR and Pete Dakota

 
Nicholas Sahara: Well, hello Noah.  What's the matter old chap?
Noah Conrad: Right.  Why's that kid MississiPete hiding behind the living room couch?

Nicholas: 'Mississi--'?
BR: Hiding?
Nicholas and BR: Oh dear...

BR: You explain.  I'll go get him.
It's our turn for the Advent calendar anyway.

Nicholas: Oh, my sainted aunt.  Well, you see, dear Peter Dakota (as I think you meant)
believes that a Christmas Elf haunts the house and is out to "get" him, so he generally 
ensconces himself somewhere secretive during the season.
Noah: Right.

Pete Dakota: ...and now the elf can change shape and size!
BR: I can see how scary that would be.

Pete: Never mind.  Let's just open the calendar.
BR: Good idea.  There's number 18 up top.

Pete: There are two prizes!  They look like a rocking horse and a space rocket.

BR: I guess you could say that door...rocked!  Get it?
Pete: >Groan< That's something Auntie Marti would say.

BR: We should put them in the house, next to the Christmas tree.

Pete: Nobody believes me about the Christmas elf, do they?
BR: You are my best friend.  If you believe it, I believe it.
Pete: Thank you.
BR: C'mon, let's go see if Uli has any fresh cookies made.

>Rustling noises<


4 comments:

Sasha's Vintage Boutique said...

hey, hey, hey, now...let's not disregard a wonderful pun-portunity! BR and I are kindred spirits. BR: why doesn't Santa pay for parking? Because it's on the house! Let the rest of the kids groan, we know that was clever! And that elf...yikes, Pete is right!! Beware! the tattletale elf is in the house!

RoRoPo said...

Pete Dakota, you are right! I have seen that elf, too!!! He hides in the calendar! But since it is a Christmas elf, he should be a nice guy, no reason for fear!

Anonymous said...

Lol, trust Auntie Marti!

Dee said...


Oh no not an Elf! Pete D is right to be avoiding him!
Nice rocking horse and Rocket, it's filling up now