Saturday, December 5, 2020

Advent Day 5: Holly Belle & Meghan

 Holly Belle and Meghan are the first girls of Gregoropolis to check out the Advent calendar...

Holly Belle: Hmph!  Color me unimpressed.  Really, Daddies should have consulted me 
before picking out a calendar.  Cars, indeed.
Meghan: Too right.  If only they'd found a nice Barbie doll calendar. 

Meghan: Oh! Here's the little window for today.  What do you think--should we open it?
Holly Belle: Of course!  It's about time us girls had a turn.  Open away!

Meghan: It's a cute little snowman!

Holly Belle: At least it's not a stupid car.  
Hmm, he is kind of cute, all told.

Meghan: We'll stand him here, out of the way of getting run over.
Holly Belle: And next year I'll make sure I help Daddies pick out the right calendar.

3 comments:

NeverUschi said...

When I was little, I loved to play with cars. Well but I didn't like to wear pretty dresses - maybe I was not your typical girl after all...

Serenata said...

Ha ha! Just seen this post, must have missed the previous ones, so will go back. I see you have succumbed to the allure of the fun toy Advent calendars, even if the girls aren't completely impressed by it, it looks great fun!

Dee said...


Oh dear ! How silly of the Daddies not to run their choice of advent calendar past Holly Belle, I bet she’ll be on their tail next year to make sure it’s suitable lol
Alas you cannot please everyone but at least it’s not just cars appearing in the windows